You are here
Tools and Calculators
Looking to save energy at home, whilst driving or in your workplace? Our free, online tools and calculators can help.
Looking to save energy and make your home warmer?
- Give your home a check-up and find out how to get lower energy bills and a warmer, more comfortable home
- Search for grants and offers available in Scotland that suit your needs, and learn more about the grants and loans schemes that may help improve your home, your travel or your workplace.
- Find out which renewables technologies may be suitable for your home
- Interested in solar energy? Estimate the fuel bill savings you could make and the payments you receive from the Feed-in Tariff (FITs) scheme with the Solar Energy Calculator
- Interested in wind turbines? Use the Wind Speed Predictor to find out if a wind turbine would be suitable for your home
- For the financial benefits you may see from installing a wind turbine, micro-hydro or micro-CHP system, use the Cashback Calculator
- Looking to install solar panels, a heat pump or a biomass boiler? Search for certified renewables installers and their special offers
- Fancy visiting an inspiring green home near you? Use the Green Homes Network
Looking to buy a fuel efficient vehicle?
- Compare the energy efficiency of new and used cars registered since 2001
- Thinking of buying an electric vehicle? Compare electric vehicles so you can find the model that’s right for you
Looking to make your organisation more energy efficient?
- Want to make your fleet greener and save money? Try our Fleet Health Check
- Get inspired from green businesses that have already made changes to save money and resources. Use the Green Business Network
Looking to make your social housing project more energy efficient?
- Get inspired by social housing projects that have had renewables, solid wall insulation or innovative energy efficiency improvements installed. Use our Green Network for Social Housing
Involved with home energy efficiency or renewables in Scotland?
- Use our Market Intelligence Portal to find out about which areas show potential for home improvement measures