You are here
Running a car is usually the second biggest household expense but there are many ways we can help you reduce your costs including:
- Helping you increase your MPG (miles per gallon) with fuel efficient driving tips
- Impartial advice about which cars cost less to run, if you’re buying a new car
- Information about alternatives to driving and how to plan low-cost journeys
- Help deciding if an electric car (or EV) is right for you and what funding is available to support you making the switch.
Looking to save fuel?
- Follow our fuel efficient driving tips or download our FuelGood smartphone app to save fuel and lower your CO2 emissions. Driving fuel efficiently also means less risk of accident and less wear and tear on tyres, brakes and clutches
- Could you car share, cycle or use public transport? Get from A-B using less carbon with our expert journey planning advice
- Use our Buying a Fuel Efficient Vehicle tool to discover different makes and models to find out which is more efficient.
Considering switching to electric?
- Find out more about EVs including running costs, how to maximise range, and charging facilities
- See how different EVs compare in terms of range, charge, fuel costs and grants
- Find out more about the financial support on offer, including: Loans of up to £35,000 and Plug-in Vehicle Grants for new plug-in hybrid or pure EVs, and charge point funding available to help you install a charge point at home