Home Energy Scotland
Home Energy Scotland is a Scottish Government programme managed by Energy Saving Trust.
We are a network of local advice centres covering all of Scotland. Our expert advisors offer free, impartial advice on energy saving, renewable energy, sustainable transport, waste prevention and more. They'll be able to help make your home warmer and help you save you energy and money.
Our expert advisors are here to help
Call our friendly Home Energy Scotland advisors. All calls are free and we're available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 8pm and on Saturday from 9am to 5pm. Don't worry if you can't call now, you can request a call back.
If you can't call Home Energy Scotland today
Look at some simple ways to help increase the comfort of your home and on your energy bills. You will also be doing your bit for the environment at the same time.
Ways to save energy at home
- Home appliances - from kettles to home entertainment systems, read our advice on choosing the most energy efficient appliances to help you reduce your energy bills
- Heating and hot water - heating and hot water accounts for over half of what you spend in a year on energy bills. So having an efficient and cost effective heating system is vital
- Home insulation - your home can lose a quarter of its heat through an uninsulated roof and around a third through an uninsulated wall. So insulating your home can really help to lower your fuel bills.
- Energy efficient lighting - switching to energy efficient lighting is an easy and cost effective way to save energy. Read our tips.
- Renewables - interested in generating your own renewable heat or electricity? Find out about how we can help you work out what is right for you and your home
- Saving water - the average Scottish household uses around 350 litres of water a day, and around 21% of a household's typical heating bill is from heating the water for showers, baths and hot water from the tap. So saving water, especially hot water, can make a big difference to your home's fuel bills.
- Smart meters - smart meters are the next generation of gas and electricity meters. The UK Government plans for every home and business in the UK to have a smart meter for electricity and gas by the end of 2020.
- Switching utilities - our tips on switching energy suppliers will help make sure you are getting the best deal from your current energy supplier and can help you save on your bills.