You are here
Support for renewables
Installing renewables? We can help. There is a wide range of financial support available. And specialist advisors can give you free and impartial advice to help you find the right renewables system and the right funding.
What financial support can help me with renewables?
- Interest-free loans are available through the Home Energy Scotland renewables loan scheme
- Financial incentives are available through the domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) and Feed-in Tariffs (FITs)
- Financial support (some of which may be means-tested) may be available through ECO or Warmer Homes Scotland
The table below shows which schemes support which technology:
|Support potentially available to help you|
|Renewables systems||ECO||Home Energy Scotland renewables Loan||Feed-in Tariffs||Renewable Heat Incentive|
|Air (air to water) or ground source heat pump||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Water source heat pump||Yes|
|Solar thermal (solar hot water)||Yes||Yes|
|Wood fuelled boiler/stove||Yes||Yes*|
|Solar electricity (PV)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Micro combined heat and power (CHP)||Yes||Yes|
*Biomass-only boilers and biomass pellet stove with integrated boiler, meeting specific emissions criteria. Terms and conditions apply - please see each individual scheme page for details.
Can I get support from more than one scheme?
Yes, you may be able to combine funding to help with the cost of installing renewables:
- If you would like to install a renewable heating system, you can apply for an interest free loan under the Home Energy Scotland renewables loan and repay all or part of this loan using Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) payments.
- If you would like to install a renewable electricity system, you can apply for an interest free loan under the Home Energy Scotland renewables loan and use any Feed-in Tariffs (FITs) payments to contribute towards your loan repayments.
- Most of these schemes require certain energy efficiency measures to be in place before you can apply or claim. The Scottish Government's HEEPS: Loan scheme may be available to help with the cost of installing these measures.
Contact us for free and impartial advice from our specialist advisors
Our specialist advisors at Home Energy Scotland can give you free and impartial advice about renewables over the phone or in your own home.
They can help by talking through your options and the funding available, and give you advice on what technology is most suitable for your property.
Call 0808 808 2282 to speak to an advisor or request a call back.