You are here
Home Energy Efficiency Programmes
What is HEEPS?
The Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland (HEEPS) can help to heat your home.
The Scottish Government wants to make sure that everyone in Scotland who needs help with their energy costs, is able to save money and keep cosy.
Under HEEPS, you could get help to cut your bills and make your home warmer. You could even qualify for extra income, discounted energy rates, free or subsidised insulation or a new boiler.
What is offered and who is eligible?
- Energy advice. Whether you are working, retired or receiving benefits we can provide you with free energy advice. We can also help you by carrying out a free, personalised home energy check. This short survey will check how energy efficient your home is and suggest practical changes and improvements. It can help you save money by reducing the amount of energy you use in your home. And it can be done over the phone.
- More money in your pocket. Many people miss out on money they are entitled to from benefits and tax credits – just because they don’t know it’s there. We can help find out if this applies to you. Some people discover they can get as much as £1,500 extra per year. Energy suppliers also offer some people discounted energy rates. We can advise about any discounts that may be available to help you pay less for the energy you use.
- Energy efficiency measures. Depending on your circumstances, you could get help from the Scottish Government or energy companies to make your home warmer and cheaper to heat. For example, you could qualify for a new boiler or loft and cavity wall insulation.
If you’re an owner occupier or a registered private sector or registered social landlord you could benefit from an interest-free loan through the HEEPs Loan Scheme.
How can I apply or get further information on HEEPs?
For more information about this support, or to find out if you are eligible, call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 or request a callback - anyone who finds it hard to heat their home should get in touch. Further information about Area Based Schemes can also be found on the Scottish Government website.
Find out about people who have benefitted already
- Neil had external wall insulation funded through HEEPS, making a massive difference to his home.
- John also had external wall insulation funded through HEEPS, John described it as feeling "like a new home."
- Vincent had solid wall insulation and a new combi boiler funded through HEEPS, "I was surprised at how smoothly it all went," he says.
- Frances had external wall insulation funded through HEEPS, and was thrilled with the improvement it has made to her home.
Reports and statistics about our initiatives
Download detailed statistics for the Home Insulation Scheme (HIS)
- Download Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland benefit and tax credit checks evaluation March 2015 (PDF)
- Download Home Energy Efficiency Programmes Scotland Delivery Report 2014/15
- Download Home Energy Efficiency Programmes Scotland Delivery Report 2013/14
- Download Home Energy Programmes Summary Report 2009/2013 (PDF)
- Download Home Energy Programmes Detailed Report 2009/2013 (Excel)
- Download end of year report 2009/2010 (PDF)
- HIS 2010/11 areas phase 2.2
- HIS 2010/11 areas phase 2.1
- HIS 2010/11 areas phase 1