Switched On @Work supports organisations interested in helping their employees to identify the benefits of switching to ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEVs). ULEVs range from pure electric, plug-in hybrids and extended range electric vehicles.
- Plug-in grants of up to £4,500 off the cost of new eligible electric vehicles.
- Lower fuel costs - electric mileage costs 2-3p per mile, compared to 12-18p for petrol or diesel mileage.
- Lower maintenance costs - electric motors have fewer components meaning less wear and tear and lower maintenance requirements.
- No vehicle excise duty (road tax).
- Improved driving experience - ULEVs offer smooth acceleration and braking.
- Reduced carbon and particulate emissions.
Other available support includes interest-free loans for electric vehicles, fuel efficient driver training for EVs and grant funding for home and workplace charging infrastructure.
- Corporate leadership and innovation - demonstrates an understanding of environmental issues and a willingness to support the adoption of low carbon technologies
- Sustainability - contributes to an organisation's green credentials, and can help to reduce both direct and indirect emissions from employee travel
- Employee incentive - helps employees adopt low carbon behaviours, reduces employee commuting costs.
Benefits of becoming a Switched On @Work partner
Switched On @Work is open to employers in Scotland across all sectors regardless of the size of the organisation.
Once you sign up we will work with you to:
- help your employees to identify the benefits of switching to ULEVs through an employee survey, workshop and Q&A session and vehicle test drives
- set your own goals for the programme and align them to your corporate sustainability objectives.
If you or your employer is interested in learning more about Switched On @Work, please email SwitchedOn@est.org.uk