Sign up now for our monthly email newsletter, Energywire, for the latest money-saving tips and articles, plus competitions with great prizes.
Affordable Warmth Scheme
Under the Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland Affordable Warmth scheme energy efficiency measures are installed and paid for by the energy companies.
What measures are available?
The energy companies may offer different energy efficiency measures ranging from heating to insulation.
Who might qualify:
- a homeowner
- the tenant of a private-sector landlord
Households with persons –
- in receipt of Child Tax Credit (with a relevant income of less than £15860)
- in receipt of State Pension Credit
- aged 60 years or over and in receipt of Working Tax Credit (with a relevant income of less than £15860)
on any of the following benefits –
- income-related employment and support allowance
- income-based job seeker’s allowance
- income support or
- working tax credit with a relevant income of £15,860 or less
who also -
- receive the work-related activity or support component of the income-related employment and support allowance;
- have parental responsibility for a child under the age of 16 or up to their 20th birthday if they are in full-time non-advanced education who ordinarily resides with that member; or
- are in receipt of certain disability payments, including: child tax credit which includes a disability or severe disability element; a disabled child premium; a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium; or a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium.
Find out more about what you may be eligible to get from Home Energy Scotland. We can even get your benefits checked for you.
Call us today
Just pick up the phone and we’ll help you. Call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 today.