Work out how much water you use, and how much you could save, in our virtual home.
To qualify for the Scottish boiler scrappage scheme you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be replacing a working boiler with a SAP2009 efficiency rating of less than 70% as detailed on http://www.sedbuk.com/. If you wish to clarify if a system is eligible, please contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282.
- Please note, if you are aged over 60 and have an inoperative boiler with a SAP2009 efficiency rating of less than 70%, you may still apply.
- You must be installing an Energy Saving Trust Recommended (ESTR) boiler or a Microgeneration Certification Scheme accredited microgeneration technology. (Please note, an A-rated boiler does not automatically qualify as ESTR). You can find a list of ESTR boilers on our website or should you require further assistance please contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282.
- The property where the boiler is to be installed must be a domestic address in Scotland.
- You must be the owner and occupier of the residential property (in Scotland) in which the new boiler will be installed.
- You must have received a written/verbal quotation for your boiler replacement before making an application.
- You must make an application and receive your voucher before having the boiler replaced.
- Work on the installation must not have commenced before the date on which the rebate voucher is received.
- You have not received, nor will you be receiving, any other loan/grant support from the Scottish Government or any funding under the Carbon Emissions Reduction Target (CERT).
- The installer must be Gas Safe registered for boiler installations (for a gas installation) and OFTEC registered (for oil installations) and should be a member of a recognised industry body such as CLE or SNIPEF.Installation of a microgeneration technology must be carried out by a person qualified under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.