You are here
Grants and support
If you’re looking to save energy at home or while you travel, we can help.
Calling Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 for free, expert advice is a great place to start, and you will also find helpful information here about grants, incentives and schemes that could help.
Support for improving your home
Whether you are insulating your home, replacing your boiler or installing a renewable technology like solar panels, there is help and support available.
On our website, you will be able to find out more about these grants and schemes that could help you:
- Green Deal - you could be eligible to make energy efficient home improvements using Green Deal finance, which you can repay through your energy bill savings.
- ECO - if you live in a low-income or vulnerable household you could be eligible for support with your insulation and heating through the Energy Company Obligation.
- Home Energy Efficiency Programmes (HEEPS) - energy suppliers fund measures under their Affordable Warmth Schemes, the Scottish Government funds measures under the Energy Assistance Scheme and support may also be available from the Scottish Government and Local Authorities through Area Based Schemes. We can help by letting you know what support you are eligible for and by helping you to access it.
- Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) - you could receive quarterly cash payments over seven years if you install or have already installed an eligible renewable heating technology.
- Feed-in Tariffs (FITs) - you could make money back on the electricity you generate.
Home Energy Scotland renewables loan - due to popularity the current budget for this scheme has now been allocated. This interest free loan from the Scottish Government was for owner occupiers in Scotland who wished to install a domestic renewables system or to connect to an approved district heating scheme powered from a renewable energy source.
You can also use our Scottish Grants and Discounts Tool to find out what grant and funding options may be available to you.
Support for tenants
There is help and support available for tenants looking to save energy.
Support for landlords
If you are a landlord looking to make a rental property more energy efficient, there may be financial and tax support available to help you.
Support for improving your travel
Are you looking to save fuel, buy a new car or make the switch to electric driving? We can help.