Overview of local programmes
Delivering impartial advice based on evidence and expertise
We advise on, design and develop energy and water-saving programmes. The team, based across England (with some services available just in England, some across the UK), can help you tackle increasing energy and water bills and reduce carbon emissions at a local level. Local delivery services include:
- Energy and water refurbishment support which can help you to design, develop and monitor existing energy or water schemes and broker partnerships between public and private partners.
- Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation readiness which can help you to assess and structure finance packages for large-scale retrofit programmes to maximise the Green Deal and ECO potential.
- Strategic carbon and energy planning which can provide tools, knowledge and on-site expertise on carbon and energy planning.
- Home Analytics which can help you to deliver greater levels of – and more cost-effective – retrofit activity through accurate targeting of housing.
- Community energy which can help you provide face-to-face facilitation and development support to communities generating their own energy.
Last year we were commissioned by 43 clients to deliver 57 projects across England including:
Birmingham City Council
who aim to upgrade 15,000 homes at an initial cost of £100 million by 2020. We supported the council in developing a finance model and business case with underpinning housing stock and economic impact analysis through to procurement and applying for European funding.
Liverpool City Region
which aims to become energy self-sufficient, a net energy exporter and the biggest low-carbon goods and services City-Region economy in the UK by 2030. We supported Liverpool City Region in better joint working, identifying opportunities for cost saving and securing external investment to develop low-carbon energy skills and jobs capacity.
South West region
which aims to build the local housing refurbishment supply chain by training and supporting over 400 businesses and refurbishing hundreds of homes. We co-designed a European-funded £8 million three-year housing retrofit programme, working with private and public sector partners. We are the lead organisation of the programme.
Fitting it all together
Local delivery clients
- Local government: City regions, improvement and efficiency partnerships and local authorities
- Third sector: Social enterprises and Registered Providers
- Utility companies: Energy and water
- Higher education: Institutes, colleges and universities
- Others sharing our goals and interests: Big Lottery Fund
- National government: Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), and Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG)