Improving my travel
Looking to save fuel?
- Drive smarter, save fuel and CO2 with our fuel efficient driving tips.
- Download our FuelGood app. FuelGood tracks your car journeys and flags when you're driving inefficiently, helping you to save fuel, carbon and money.
- Could you car share, cycle or use public transport? Get from A-B using less carbon with our expert journey planning advice.
Buying a new car?
- Use our Buying an efficient car tool to compare different makes and models to find out which is more efficient.
Switching to electric?
- Switching to electric driving can have real cost savings. Find out more about electric vehicles.
- The Electric Vehicle Loan currently offers drivers in Scotland loans of up to £50,000 to cover the cost of purchasing a new plug-in electric vehicle.
- Want to know what driving an electric vehicle is really like? Find out by reading our case studies and by using our Electric Vehicle Network tool to connect with real drivers.
- Deciding which electric car to drive? Use this tool to see how different models compare in terms of range, charge, fuel costs and grants.
- If you drive an electric car, you can get funding support for a home chargepoint installation. Find out more about domestic charge point funding.
Looking for support and advice?
There is plenty of support available to help you improve your driving including charge point grants, free driver training and free advice services. Find out more.