You are here
• Local renewable energy sources the aim of ambitious funding scheme
• Tailored projects tackle local issues
• Fuel poverty and hydrogen innovations catch the eye
It's a challenging time for UK energy – and Scotland has its own unique set of circumstances to tackle.
One Planet Caravan - Courtesy of Mark Waghorn Architects Ltd
• Government hopes to cut out coal entirely by 2025
• UK lagging behind Sweden, Norway and Iceland
• Improvement to incentives would help momentum
Good news: the UK has kicked coal. It may not be for good – but it's a start.
• New tool measures energy consumed
• Some parallels with home energy efficiency
• Projected 6.1 billion smart phones by 2020
Many useful smart phone apps may be free, but where energy efficiency is concerned, the data does not come without cost.